Saturday, December 27, 2008

I have just spent the last hour wading through yards of information on Masters Degrees, on various university websites. My brain is a little boggled. Since I did my Honours (in 1994) a vast amount has changed out there, up to and including the way a university degree is structured. All I want is a clear statement telling me what is offered and how to apply. Would be good if it said how I could tell if I was eligible too...

I am finally at a point in my life where I think I could go back to study again. I would so love to actually have a professional qualification and be able to do something constructive with my life and time. Don't get me wrong; being a mother is a very constructive job and it sure takes up a lot of time, but as we don't plan on having any more children, pretty soon I'm going to need to be something more. I'd like that to be somehow connected with my degree, which was in Psychology. (And in Journalism, but I never went to any of the lectures. Shame on me). I finally feel old enough and weathered enough to be able to carry out the role of psychologist (hmm. Does that immediately disqualify me from being one?? Interesting thought) and if I could just figure out what exactly I'm applying for, and how to do it, well, I'll be on my way.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Janelle said...

go for it! know the feeling...three kids later and i am back at school teaching. psychology is the way to go...! i shall be watching that space. of course you are elegible (unlike my second born who tried to get onto facebook so he could be a "fan" of someones...) enjoy your blog by the way. xx janelle