Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Ramblings

The wind seems to have migrated from the Highveld to here today, and we are being blown away... I really don't like windy days. It gets into my head and makes it ache. In England, where the wind was often icy cold, my ears used to ache so much I had to stuff them with cotton wool on trips. Most attractive!

And I have a gynae appointment today. I like my OBGYN, very much, it's just that I don't like check ups. I'd much rather be seeing him because I'm pregnant again than just going for a check up. And as I don't really think I want any more children, that's an indication of how much I'm not looking forward to today.

It's the only appointment I could get too - I booked it three months ago! Pregnant women get priority, so us "just an annual check-up" types have to take what we can get. It means that Jamie can't go to school today as I wouldn't be able to get back in time to fetch him. It also means that Tuli, who comes once a week to blitz clean my house for me, will be losing a couple of hours of blitzing time as she'll be at Westville Hospital watching my monsters while I'm in with the doc. Thankfully she has agreed to come along; I know people will probably think I'm mad but I really don't want to leave the kids at home with her. I'd never forgive myself if anything happened to them while she was vacuuming or something. It's just not fair to ask her to do TWO jobs (maid and childminder) at once. So the whole circus will be going to town - I hope Dr Payne's office is prepared!

Postscript: I'm back, I survived and it was all much easier than I thought it would be! Nicky slept in the car with Tuli and Jamie was astoundingly good for a 3 year old, staying in the waiting room while I went in, and entertaining the nurses. Thank Goodness!

No comments: